Here’s what you might like to know about me:
- Twenty years of business experience, 19 years of marketing experience
- Six years of executive management experience, eight years of director-level managerial experience
- Nine years of in-house marketing experience, ten years of agency experience
- Deep experience with lead generation & ecommerce in all types of industries
- Forward-thinking marketer & devotee of Seth Godin, actively engaged in marketing community
- Talented writer, editor, speaker & communicator
- Accomplished graphic designer, web designer, web developer & database developer
- Expert in nearly all aspects of digital marketing: SEO, PPC, email, content, social media & mobile
- Capable offline marketer, PR strategist, print designer & direct mail marketer
- Technologically proficient with most hardware and software
- Solution-oriented professional with analytical mind
- Passionate marketer & consummate professional with an entrepreneurial spirit, craves challenges
- Co-created respected search marketing blog Traffick.com (1999)
- Built & managed internet marketing department for a healthcare investment group (2000)
- Created physician job sites that increased staffing co. revenue from $8m to $105m in 6 years (2000)
- Co-created well-known wine portal Vino.com (2002)
- Co-created wine importing company TBS that has grown to over $60m in revenue today (2002)
- Created internet marketing software suite for 8 healthcare investment group companies (2004)
- Co-created Missouri wine portal & was asst. director of the National Norton Wine Festival (2007)
- Built from scratch & managed marketing department for a large physician staffing firm (2010)
- Built & currently manage a digital marketing department for an influential SEM firm (2012 to now)
- Created four content management systems & three CRM systems (design & development)
- Designed & developed more than 120 websites
- Created & managed 7 industry resource content assets and blogs to demonstrate the value of content marketing
- Created brand identities for over a dozen companies
VICE PRESIDENT, FINDABILITY | PAGE ZERO MEDIA
FREELANCE CONSULTANT | CORYKLEINSCHMIDT.COM
2012 – PRESENT
Currently I lead the organic division for this influential search marketing agency on a subcontract basis, managing a team of four search marketing consultants. Findability (aka inbound marketing) encompasses SEO, social media marketing and content marketing. I also manage our client website development, display ad designs, and landing page testing. Over the past few years, my team has generated over $15 million in organic revenue for our clients.
VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS | INTERIM PHYSICIANS
2010 – 2012
Built a marketing department from the ground up, hiring three marketing strategists and managing freelance writers. As part of the department buildout, I created a new brand identity, new website, and all-new marketing collateral. During my tenure, the company’s revenue grew 25% in two years.
DIRECTOR, SEO & WEB DEVELOPMENT | PAGE ZERO MEDIA
2006 – 2010
After co-founding and collaborating with Page Zero founder Andrew Goodman on the respected search marketing blog Traffick.com in 1999, I joined Page Zero full time in 2006. During this time, I managed and directly implemented client SEO campaigns, developed several client websites and designed hundreds of display ads.
DIRECTOR, INTERNET SERVICES | JACKSON HEALTHCARE & TOTAL BEVERAGE SOLUTION
ST. LOUIS / ATLANTA
2000 – 2006
Developed and managed internet strategy for a healthcare investment firm that owned three staffing firms and three software companies. I was responsible for implementing SEO, PPC and email marketing, and during this time managed a team of designers, developers and content producers in support of all six companies. Main achievements include architecting and guiding internet strategy for LocumTenens.com, a job site for temporary physicians that directly helped the company grow from $8 million in revenue in 2000 to $105 million by 2006.
For Total Beverage Solution, I led a team that created a wine portal called Vino.com that eventually became known as Total Beverage Solution, a wine and spirits importer that has grown to $60 million in revenue since 2002. This firm was owned by Jackson Healthcare’s venture capital arm.
MULTIMEDIA DEVELOPER | TOUCHWOOD CREATIVE
Designed and developed websites for companies in various industries; created Flash animation games for Motorola and the National Football League; and programmed Macromedia Authorware computer-based training for Trans World Airlines pilots.
INTERNET CONSULTANT | GRAYBAR ELECTRIC (SHEARER TECHNOLOGIES)
For this IT staffing company, I was responsible for designing and developing web-based training courseware (WBT) for Graybar Electric, a Fortune 500 distributor of electrical & telecom parts.
COPY EDITOR, COLUMNIST & WEB EDITOR | COLUMBIA DAILY TRIBUNE
1995 – 1998
Served as newsroom copy editor and entertainment section copy editor, then was promoted to business section copy editor; also served as technology columnist and weekend webmaster for this daily newspaper.
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI
1991 – 1996